Run by Youth Vision, SYG is a Christian sporting event for young adults between the ages of 16 and 28 years. The event is held in Bunbury, approximately 200km south of Perth, each June Foundation Day long weekend.
At State Youth Games, you have the opportunity to participate in a variety of different sports from the more physical such as football, netball, soccer and volleyball; to those not as physically demanding such as fishing, bocce and scrabble. You’ll also get to participate in evening worship, fellowship with peers and have lots of fun!
Youth Vision WA's goals in hosting and leading State Youth Games are to:
- Impact youth positively through sports and development of healthy relationships
- Provide young adults the opportunity to display and develop their talents and abilities in sport, leading teams and event management
- Support the work of local Churches and youth groups through a state-wide and centrally organised event
- Build state-wide networks for future support and development of youth and youth leaders
- Present the gospel message in a culturally engaging way.
State Youth Games has been successfully running since 1987.
More information can be found in The Official Guide.